15/02/2008

Trusted Tours & Attractions

Most Americans have this attraction for San Francisco me and my family included. From the cable cars descending the super-steep streets towards Union Square to the massive and historic Golden Gate Bridge, to the chilly and whitecap-covered San Francisco bay, the attractions and wonders – vacation ideas both natural and manmade – are almost countless.
If you’re planning a trip to San Francisco, you should check out Trusted Tours & Attractions and check out one of their San Francisco Tours. .
My first visit to the “city by the bay” was when I was 13-years old. I recall my parents bringing my sister, and I out to Alcatraz Island to tour the famous prison. The crumbling brick and concrete walls reminded me of an abandoned war fort after a battle had long since been fought. While I was a little too young to truly understand the intricacies of all the famous prisoner names and the history behind the walls, I remember begin eerily spooked as we were guided through various cellblocks by the park ranger. And than when we got to one of the solitary confinement blocks, the ranger asked for volunteers to be locked in on of the solitary cells so we could experience the darkness the prisoners had, decades before.
How I ended up with the rest of the volunteers in that cell, I don’t know. I suspect my sister had something to do with it, but the one thing that I will recall forever was that after about twenty seconds inside; the ranger shouted that he’d lost the key. Apparently he’s gotten the rest of the tour to go along with him and it was quite convincing to a 13 year old.

Where I really had only been crying for a couple minutes by the time he’d gotten the heavy steel door open, I was embarrassed as I had no idea that such a prank was standard fare on the tour.
If you’d like to bring your kids to Alcatraz or any number of great American cities, Trusted Tours & Attractions has a variety of sightseeing tours in countries from coast to coast.
And while you might not know what tour or city you’d like to visit, they have a great newsletter to subscribe to. All people that sign-up for their newsletter will be entered into a contest to win a free digital camera

No comments:

SOUTH AFRICA SPRINGBOKS

South Africa laid the groundwork with traditional Springbok rugby and finished an out-gunned England side off with two late tries to win ...